Um... Hi.
It's been a while.
I've been avoiding this blog like the plague because I was embarrassed of how "Cooking 101"-esque it reads. My cooking has evolved in the past two years (hip hip hooray for good tools, more research, etc.), but I feel that my old easy recipes still have a place... mostly because I still use them. My average week night doesn't allow for two hours of cooking time.
So my new goal with this blog is to post recipes from the two extremes - the Sundays when I have all day to putter in the kitchen, and the Wednesday "get it on the table NOW" recipes.
Kicking things off is my new favorite comfort food, Greek Pizza.
* * *
1 Lahvosh cracker bread crust (look for it in the deli section)
3 T. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 medium red onion, sliced into thin strips
3/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
1 1/4 cups shredded roasted chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket)
1 cup feta cheese (use reduced-fat if you'd like)
1 clove finely minced garlic
1 t. dried oregano
freshly cracked pepper
optional:
1/2 cup shredded parmesan, romano, or parmigiano-reggiano
1/2 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh spinach leaves
1/4 cup chopped red pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush the crust with olive oil. Add remaining ingredients. Crack pepper over top of pizza. Bake for 15 minutes or until edges of crust are golden brown.

1 comments:
Never even knew you HAD a cooking blog!
Sans mushrooms, this sounds delish. I'm so hungry. Gah! It's only 10:45!
Post a Comment