Pico de Gallo
I made some killer pico this week, and I’ve been using it as a garnish, as a salsa, as a topping for my scrambled egg whites, etc. I used Bay Produce tomatoes (from Superior WI’s Challenge Center) but since it is garden tomato time of year, this recipe would be extra-tasty with those. Mmmmm. Garden tomato time is my favorite time of year!
Pico de Gallo
5 large beefsteak tomatoes, seeded & diced
1 medium red onion, finely chopped
4 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (discard seeds & veins for less heat)
1 ½ T. finely minced fresh cilantro
1 clove garlic, minced
1 ½ T. lime juice
fresh ground pepper
kosher salt
In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, peppers, onions, and garlic. Sprinkle the lime juice over the top and season with salt & pepper to taste. Refrigerate, covered, 60 minutes or more before serving.

0 comments:
Post a Comment