5/24/2006

Guaca guaca guaca!

In the spirit of summer, here is my top-secret recipe for guacamole. It’s really not top-secret, but my sister swears up & down that I make the best guac… Personally, I think it's good, but not the best. I pretty much just improvise every time.

Kate’s Guac
3 ripe avocados (I use Hass)
1 small white onion, finely minced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 diced jalapeno peppers, ribs & seeds removed
4 roma tomatoes, seeded & diced
2 tablespoons minced cilantro
1 lime
Kosher salt
Fresh ground pepper

Remove the “meat” from the inside of the avocados. In a medium bowl, mash the avocado with a large fork until the consistency is evenly chunky. Add the onion, tomato, garlic, cilantro and jalapeno. Sprinkle the guac with a teaspoon of Kosher salt and about ½ teaspoon pepper. Add the juice of ½ ime. Taste. Season with additional salt and/or lime to taste.

Serve with chips, fresh veggies, fajitas, etc. A simple side dish that really tastes like summer!

1 comments:

Guacaholic said...

Agreed, Beth. 6 avocados worked much better with that much white onion.